Help! So confused! PayPal / YesAsia / echeques??????

looorah
New Community Member

Right so, on the 12th of August, I tried to preorder something from yesasia.com, I've ordered from them a TONNE and didn't think there would be any issue. My order went through but for some reason I;

- Got an email from YesAsia about my purchase being on hold, until they recieved payment from paypal
- On paypal under the transaction information, it said it was uncleared /pending, until the 19th.

Something called an echeque? I have never payed for anything online in this way so was really confused, especially since I've bought from yesasia loads of times, and have my paypal set up with them too.

As it said, pending until the 19th, I assumed that my money would be sent by then and then my order would be finalised...
What I payed for was $52.49 USD / £32.29 GBP, and in the account that I pay for things online with/have hooked up to paypal, I had the exact amount of money in it and nothing more, since I just use it for online purchases, seperate from my main account where I keep the rest of my money.

Then today (the 16th), I got another email from YesAsia, telling me again, that my purchase was on hold until they received my payment, and they also told me if they didn't receive my payment from paypal in 9 days
my order would be canceled.
They asked me to send them the money via paypal, along with my order number and then to email them my paypal transaction ID. I did this, thinking, right, finally they will get my money and my order will be 100% finalised.
The transaction from PayPal to YesAsia went through, said it was 'completed'. Yet the money is still in my account and its been a good few hours since I sent the money on via PayPal.
And also, I've recieved no word from YesAsia either.

But what I'm really wondering, and worried about, is if now I have sent them the money for my order, like they asked me to in the email, if now on the 19th, ANOTHER lot of money is going to come out of my account, even
though now I have already sent it?
Which, I really don't want to happen since I have no money in that account now. I could move some over to it, but why should I, I have now sent them my money and don't want them to charge me twice.
Will this echeque now be cancelled now that I have sent them my money or....?

Will YesAsia cancel my echeque now that I've sent them the money, or do I have to ask them to cancel it for me instead of charging me twice?

(I'ved emailed PayPal, they haven't got back to me yet, and I tried to email YesAsia, but going to have to ring in the morning because it doesn't look like they're big on getting problems and issues through email).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi looorah

Ask the seller to cancel the echeque as only they can

An echeque is a payment which comes directly from your bank account if there is no ppal balance and no card linked and does take a while to clear

They shouldnt have asked u to pay again unless they cancelled the echeque first

If u link your card to ppal u never have to have money in your ppal account as ppal will make an instant payment for you then upload the funds from your bank to reimburse themselves which takes a few dys to be cleared in your bank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.